Saturday, December 22, 2012

Vertical Garden Utilizing Bright Green USA System

Just completed my first vertical gardening project in which I utilized the Bright Green USA modular system, and I must say, I will only use this system for large vertical gardens from now on.  The solution consists of 20" X 20" modules, each containing 45 slanted cells.  Basically, there is no real limit to how many modules you can combine, I started with a modest installation that is 60" wide X 40" deep.  I have seen pictures of entire sides of commercial buildings and homes covered in a mosaic of plants using this system.



I installed a drip irrigation system for this living wall, and everything about this project exceeded my expectations.   I am going to do something really large scale with this system, soon!   I wish I would have made this installation larger, but there's always the next project.... Here's a detail shot.



This living wall is on a North-facing wall, under an arbor in complete shade.  The plantings primarily consist of ferns, succulents, ivy, selaginella, ficus and "splash."



I simply mounted 2 X 4s onto the block wall, then secured the mounting hardware which supports the panels.



Planting in progress, giving you an idea of the form of the modules, and the slanted cells.

No comments:

Post a Comment